Foljanee replied

295 weeks ago

The The Return Of The Musketeers Download > DOWNLOAD (Mirror #1)

Show Spoiler

In France in 1649, the services of the Four Musketeers are needed again and they run into some old foes from 20 years before.
It's 1649: Mazarin hires the impoverished D'Artagnan to find the other musketeers: Cromwell has overthrown the English king, so Mazarin fears revolt, particularly from the popular Beaufort. Porthos, bored with riches and wanting a title, signs on, but Aramis, an abbé, and Athos, a brawler raising an intellectual son, assist Beaufort in secret. When they fail to halt Beaufort's escape from prison, the musketeers are expendable, and Mazarin sends them to London to rescue Charles I. They are also pursued by Justine, the avenging daughter of Milady de Winter, their enemy 20 years ago. They must escape England, avoid Justine, serve the Queen, and secure Beauford's political reforms.
Much like &quot;Twilight Zone: The Movie&quot;, this film is perhaps best known for the tragic death of a well known actor during filming. In that case, it was Vic Morrow. In this case, it was the always brilliant, irrepressible and irreplaceable British character actor Roy Kinnear, who broke his pelvis after being thrown off his horse and died of a heart attack as a result. Richard Chamberlain was so angry about the producers&#39; lack of reaction to his death that he quit the film. Richard Lester, who had cast Kinnear in numerous films before this one, was so upset by his death that he retired from filmmaking. &quot;Superman II&quot; was really Richard Donner&#39;s baby and &quot;Superman III&quot; wasn&#39;t very good - I don&#39;t think that Lester really got Superman - but I loved the &quot;Musketeers&quot; trilogy and &quot;Robin and Marian&quot;. Lester&#39;s retirement, while certainly understandable, robbed the cinema of a very talented and underrated director.<br/><br/>It&#39;s obviously very trivial in the scheme of things but his death had a significant impact on the film as his character Planchet disappears after the first 45 minutes, with the exceptions of two brief scenes with Kinnear and two others with a stand-in. Chamberlain&#39;s departure relegated Aramis to making little more than a glorified cameo. He disappears after the first half an hour and only returns in the last ten minutes of the film with no explanation for his return in the form of the usual &quot;I changed my mind&quot; scene in such circumstances. Prior to Kinnear&#39;s death, I imagine that the plan was for Planchet to accompany D&#39;Artagnan, Athos and Porthos to England, where Aramis would have reunited with them.<br/><br/>Leaving the real life tragedy aside for a moment, this is a hugely enjoyable film. It perfectly recaptures the sense of fun and good old fashioned swashbuckling adventure that was present throughout the first two films, in spite of the fact that 15 years had passed. The exploration of growing older is subtle and understated but it&#39;s definitely there, which I appreciated. The film also has a great cast. Kinnear, Chamberlain, Christopher Lee, Oliver Reed, Michael York, Frank Finlay and Geraldine Chaplin all reprise their roles from the first two films and are joined by Kim Cattrall, Philippe Noiret, Alan Howard and Bill Paterson (admittedly in a very small role as Charles I). C. Thomas Howell is the only weak link acting wise. Of the newcomers, Kim Cattrall, whose work I always enjoy, was the best as Justine de Winter with Noiret as Cardinal Mazarin in a close second. Jean-Pierre Cassel, who played the by now dead Louis XIII in the original films, has a lovely cameo as Cyrano de Bergerac. Another nice tribute to the earlier films is the fact that the portrait of Cardinal Richelieu, which isn&#39;t even seen in a close-up, has Charlton Heston&#39;s face. Christopher Lee is my favourite actor but I wish that he hadn&#39;t been brought back as, aside from the fact that Rochefort was impaled through the heart in &quot;The Four Musketeers&quot; and was clearly implied to have been killed, his role is rather small and he doesn&#39;t really contribute anything to the proceedings. Lee was wasted, frankly.
I liked this movie (as well as the first two) alot. I remember reading a blurb in TIME back in &#39;89 that the movie had just been completed and eagerly awaited its release to see it on the big screen. Unfortunately the movie never made it to the theaters here (and I don&#39;t know if it did overseas, for that matter), but premiered on USA cable network in late March of 1991. As I watched it on a small hotel TV I saw a lot of great acting, and production, much like the first two films. All the actors appeared to like being back into probably there best roles. The movie comes across with a great deal of heart (and I had to chuckle at) as the characters frequently remark they&#39;re getting to old for the physical thrashing about. To sum up: very good and I&#39;ll give it a solid &quot;B&quot;.

646f9e108c
Transformers: Scramble City full movie download 1080p hdhindi Supah NinjasAtomic Puppet in hindi download free in torrentUnwrapped download moviesHousefull 3 full movie download in hindi hdThe The Lost PatriotDefenders of Riga full movie hd 720p free downloadfree download The Invincible Iron Mandownload Lupin vs. SupermanLazarus Rising full movie free download
Please log in to post a reply.